A benzene molecule (C6H6) consists of the ring of 6 carbon atoms each having pz orbitals perpendicular to the plane. By using 1 st nearest neighbor tight binding model answer the following questions: a. What are 6 eigenvalues and eigenvectors of the system? b. Six electrons occupy these...
You have arranged that the magnetic field in a particular region of space is due North with a value of 0.004 T. An electron enters the field traveling to the West with a speed of 0.07 of the speed of light. As a result, the electron experiences a magnetic force which is upwards. (a) What is...
A 180 kg hoop rolls along a horizontal floor so that the hoop's center of mass has a speed of 0.130 m/s. How much work must be done on the hoop to stop it?
A 95 kg man standing on a surface of negligible friction shoves a 75 g stone lying at his feet, giving it a velocity of 4.0 m/s. What velocity does the man acquire as a result?
Susan's 10.0 kg baby brother Paul sits on a mat. Susan pulls the mat across the floor using a rope that is angled 30 ^\circ above the floor. The tension is a constant 31.0 N and the coefficient of friction is 0.180.
If wind blows at 27 m/s over a house, what is the net force on the roof if its area is 230 m2 and is flat?
A 61.0 kg person jumps from rest off a 10.0 m high tower straight down into the water. Neglect air resistance during the descent. She comes to rest 3.00 m under the surface of the water. Determine the magnitude of the average force that the water exerts on the diver. This force is nonconservative.
Four point masses of 3.6 kg. each are arranged in a square on massless rods. The length of a side of the square is d=0.34. What is the rotational inertia for rotation about an axis passing through masses A and C? What is the rotational inertia for rotation about an axis passing through the...
A sculpture is 7.50m tall and has it CG located h=3m above the center of its base. The base is a square with a side of d=13.6 m. To what angle beta can be sculpture be tipped before it falls over?
A street lamp weighs 190 N. It is supported by two wires that form an angle of 120 with each other. The tensions in the wires are equal. (a) What is the tension in each wire supporting the street lamp? N
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas