Speedboat A negotiates a curve whose radius is 156 m. Speedboat B negotiates a curve whose radius is 186 m. Each boat experiences the same centripetal acceleration. What is the ratio vA/vB of the speeds of the boats?
A propeller slows from 470 rev/min to 179 rev/min in 2.00 s. What is its angular acceleration?
21.2a: What is the peak current?
21.13a: What is the resistance value?
21.53b:What should its turn ratio be?
High Powered Industrial Laser's output is pulsed, and produces 460 nm monochromatic light. Power of each pulse described by the function: P = 100 - (t-C)^2 + 0.25 (t-C)^4. P is measured in watts and C = square root of 20 seconds. Laser turns on when t = 0 seconds and shuts off when t =...
A sculpture is 7.50m tall and has it CG located h=3 m above the center of its base. The base is a square with a side of d=13.6 m. To what angle can be sulpture be tipped before it falls over?
Neutron stars are extremely dense objects that are formed from the remnants of supernova explosions. Many rotate very rapidly. Suppose that the mass of a certain spherical neutron star is four times the mass of the Sun and that its radius is 12.4 km. Determine the greatest possible angular speed...
The light from a red laser pointer has a wavelength of about 600 nm. If this laser has a power of 0.18 mW, what is the momentum carried by a 3.9-s pulse of this radiation?
Two 2.3 kg balls are attached to the ends of a thin rod of negligible mass, 65 cm in length. The rod is free to rotate in a vertical plane about a horizontal axis through its center. With the rod initially horizontal as shown, a 44 gm wad of wet putty drops onto one of the balls with a speed of...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas