what is the tension on a rope that is supporting a 3.9kg bucket
A 0.104 kg meter stick is supported at its 40 cm mark by a string attached to the ceiling. A 0.608 kg object hangs vertically from the 5.36 cm mark. A second mass is attached at another mark to keep it horizontal and in rotational and translational equilibrium. If the tension in the string...
boxes are moved on a conveyor belt from where they are filled to the packing station 11.0 m away. the belt is initially stationary and must finish with zero speed. the most rapid transit is accomplished if the belt accelerates for half the distance, then decelerates for the final half of the...
A man is doing push-ups. He has a mass of 64 kg and his center of gravity is located at a horizontal distance of 0.70 m from his palms and 1.00 m from his feet. Find the forces exerted by the floor on his palms and feet.
A rock of mass 45 kg accidentally breaks loose from the edge of a cliff and falls straight down. The magnitude of the air resistance that opposes its downward motion is 246 N. What is the magnitude of the acceleration of the rock?
The gravitational force between two electrons that are 1.01 m apart is 5.31 10-71 N. Find the mass of an electron. (Use G = 6.67 10-11 N m2/kg2.)
A wheel of radius 81 cm, mass 3 kg, and moment of inertia 0.98415 kgm2 is mounted on a frictionless, horizontal axle as in the figure below. A light cord wrapped around the wheel supports an object of mass 1.4 kg.Find the tension T in the cord. The accel- eration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 .
An asteroid in an elliptical orbit about the Sun travels at 1.2 x 106 m/s at perihelion (the point of closest approach) at a distance of 2.0 x 108 km from the Sun. How fast is it traveling, in m/s, at aphelion (the most distant point), which is 8.0 x 108 km from the Sun? Hint: Use conservation...
a railroad car of mass 2.00X10^4 kg moving at 3.00m/s collides and couples with two coupled railroad cars, each of teh same mass as the single cra and moving in the same direction at 1.20m/s a) what is teh speed of teh three coupled cars after the collision? b) what is the decrease in kinetic...
is the elements in earth presents everywhere in the universe? i mean i often read that these element traces found in this asteroid, or this element is there in this planet like that. but i just want to know, "is there any proof for the presence of all the elements in the earth is present...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas