How would the photographer use the polarizing filter to find out the direction of polarization of the light coming from the blue sky? Her only reference is the polarization axis of the filter.
A 14.0 m long conveyor belt, inclined at 27.0 , is used to transport bundles of newspapers from the mail room up to the cargo bay to be loaded on delivery trucks. Each newspaper has a mass of 1 kg and there are 23 newspapers per bundle. Determine the useful power of the conveyor if it delivers...
A strong lightning bolt transfers an electric charge of about 30 C to Earth (or vice versa). How many electrons are transferred? Avo- gadro s number is 6.02214 1023 /mol.
A force of 6.00N acts on a 3.00-kg object for 10s what is the objects change in momentum
30.0 g of ice at 3.0 C is laced in a cup containing 104.0 g of water at 62.0 C. What is the final temperature of the mixture, assuming no heat is lost to the surroundings?
Tarzan swings on a 24.0 m long vine initially inclined at an angle of 32 from the vertical. (a) What is his speed at the bottom of the swing if he starts from rest? 1 m/s (b) What is his speed at the bottom of the swing if he starts with an initial speed of 3.88 m/s?
An object with mass 1.0 kg is executing simple harmonic motion, attached to a spring with spring constant k =195 N/m. When the object is 0.21 m from its equilibrium position, it is moving with a speed of 0.48 m/s. (a) Calculate the amplitude of the motion
A 38-kg girl is bouncing on a trampoline. During a certain interval after she leaves the surface of the trampoline, her kinetic energy decreases to 185 J from 425 J. How high does she rise during this interval? Neglect air resistance.
Using dimensional analysis estimate the energy of the ground state of the particle moving in the potential U(x) = kx3; x > 0 (k > 0); +1; x < 0:
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas