How long will it take a 1700 motor to lift a 325 piano to a sixth-story window 16.0 above?
A 70 kg astronaut floating at rest in space outside a space capsule throws his 0.50 kg hammer such that it moves with a speed of 8 m/s relative to the capsule. What happens to the astronaut? he moves in the same direction as the hammer he moves in the opposite direction to the hammer he...
A piece of aluminum (specific heat 0.910 kJ/kg 0C) of mass 138 g at 74 0 C is dropped into a Styrofoam cup filled with 159 ml water at 20 0 C. What are the final temperatures of the water and the aluminum? Hint 1: because the cup is well-insulated, you can assume that all the heat leaving...
On a frictionless table, a glob of clay of mass 0.440 kg strikes a bar of mass 1.960 kg perpendicularly at a point 0.250 m from the center of the bar and sticks to it
A rubber ball (mass 0.20 kg) is dropped from a height of 1.1 m onto the floor. Just after bouncing from the floor, the ball has a speed of 3.9 m/s.
A motorcycle and a police car are moving toward one another. The police car emits sound with a frequency of 532 and has a speed of 25.5 . The motorcycle has a speed of 12.5. What frequency does the motorcyclist hear in this case?
Sam is flying in a plane going at 108 km/hr in a direction 7 degrees north of east. How fast is Sam's plane going due north (if we only care about the north velocity and ignore the eastward part) in km/hr?
If you place a glass text tube in water, you will be able to see the tube. If you place it in clear soybean oil, you may not be able to see it. What does this tell you about the speed of light in the oil and in the glass?
a student presses a book between his hands. the forces that he exerts on the front and back covers of the book are perpendicular to the book and are horizontal. the book weights 31 N. the coefficient of static friction between his hands and the book is 0.40. to keep the book from falling, what is...
"How fast (in rpm) must a centrifuge rotate if a particle 4.7 cm from the axis of rotation is to experience an acceleration of 300000 g 's?"
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas