A wrecking ball (weight 4800 N) is supported by a boom, which may be assumed to be uniform and has a weight of 3600 N. As the drawing shows, a support cable runs from the top of the boom to the tractor. The angle between the support cable and the horizontal is 32 degrees, and the angle between...
A stone is dropped into a well. The sound of the splash is heard 3.0 s later. How deep is the well? The speed of sound in air is 340 m/s.
A small ball of mass 40 g is suspended from a string of length 23 cm and whirled in a circle lying in the horizontal plane. r v 9.8 m/s2 23 cm 40 g 29 If the string makes an angle of 29 with the vertical, find the centripetal force experienced by the ball. The acceleration of...
The radius of Earth is about 6.38 103 km. A 7.39 103 N spacecraft travels away from Earth. What is the weight of the spacecraft at the following distances from Earth's surface
A rectangular block of ice 6 m on each side and 0.9 m thick floats in sea water. The density of the sea water is 1025 kg/m^3. The density of ice is 917 kg/m^3. How many penguins of mass 24 kg each can stand on the ice block before they get their feet wet?
Two mirrors meet at a 135 angle, Fig. 23 47. If light rays strike one mirror at 40 as shown, at what angle do they leave the second mirror?
Hold a pocket mirror at almost arm's length from your face and note the amount of your face you can see. To see more of your face, should you hold the mirror closer or farther, or would you have to have a larger mirror?
A small remote-control car with a mass of 1.55 kg moves at a constant speed of v = 12.0 m/s in a vertical circle inside a hollow metal cylinder that has a radius of 5.00 m.
race car has a mass of 719 kg. It starts from rest and travels 45.0 m in 3.0 s. The car is uniformly accelerated during the entire time. What net force is exerted on it?
A uniform disk turns at 3.7 rev/s around a frictionless spindle. A nonrotating rod, of the same mass as the disk and length equal to the disk's diameter, is dropped onto the freely spinning disk, see the figure. They then turn together around the spindle with their centers superposed. What...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas