What is the speed of the wave represented by y(x, t) = A sin(kx t), where k = 6.5 rad/cm and = 6.5 rad/s? _________ cm/s
An overhead electric power line carries a maximum current of 125A. What is the magnitude of the maximum magnetic field at a point 4.50m directly below the power line?
y(x,t) = (1.0 cm) sin [(323 rad/s)t (287 rad/cm)x] From the plots determine the amplitude, wavelength, and speed of the wave. Amplitude = 1.0 cm Wavelength = .022 cm Speed= __________cm/s find the period of the vibration. Period = _______ s so i need to find out speed and period...
Light of wavelength 0.538 m (in air) enters the water in a swimming pool. The speed of light in water is 0.750 times the speed in air. What is the wavelength of the light in water? ________ nm
2. It has been estimated that the Earth contains 109 metric tons of natural uranium that can be mined economically. Of this total, 0.7% is 235U that can be fissioned to produce energy. Assume 208 MeV per fission; 1 MeV = 1.6x10-13 J; 235 g of U has 6x1023 atoms. (15%) a. How many atoms of 235U...
the concenpt most consistent with a contemparary definition of wellness is
A force acts on a 1.5-kg, mass, giving it an acceleration of 3.0 m/s. (a) If the same force acts on a 2.5-kg mass, what acceleration would be produced? (b) what is the magnitude of the force?
Determine the mass defect for (a) helium 2He3, which has an atomic mass of 3.016 030 u, and (b) the isotope of hydrogen known as tritium 1T3, which has an atomic mass of 3.016 050 u. (c) On the basis of your answers to parts (a) and (b), state which nucleus requires more energy to disassemble it...
1. Best Goods, Inc., and Great Products Corporation use the mark "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" to certify the quality of their products. Best and Great are not in business together and do not own this mark. The mark is a. a certification mark. b. a collective mark. c....
Wine bottles are never completely filled: a small volume of air is left in the glass bottle's cylindrically shaped neck (inner diameter d = 18.5mm) to allow for wine's fairly large coefficient of thermal expansion. The distance H between the surface of the liquid contents and the bottom...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas