can you help me with this hw. It's located on this website: thank you so much!!! http://matisse.ucsd.edu/~hwa/class/f10/ps4.pdf
A 250 , 35-cm-diameter turntable rotates on frictionless bearings at 60 . A 25 block sits at the center of the turntable. A compressed spring shoots the block radically outward along a frictionless groove in the surface of the turntable. What is the turntable's angular speed when the...
Ina mass spectrometer, ions are directed into a magnetic field, where they curve around in the field and strike a detector. If a variety of singly ionized atoms travel at the same speed through the magnetic field, would you expect them all to be deflected by the same amount?
Tardive dyskinesia is often associated with long-term use of drugs that occupy certain ________ receptor sites.
A bullet of mass 12 g is fired with an initial speed of 297 m/s into a wooden block that is initially at rest. The bullet becomes lodged in the block, and the two slide together on the floor for a distance of 1.2 m before coming to rest (see figure below). If the coefficient of friction between...
An object weighing 300 N in air is immersed in water after
A 50 woman stands on a very light, rigid board that rests on a bathroom scale at each end, as shown in figure.
A horse races once around a circular track in a time of 128 s, with a speed of 34 m/s. What is the radius of the track?
What is the total force on the bottom of a swimming pool 2.8 m by 1.2 m whose uniform depth is 2.0 m?
A uniform solid disk with a mass of 45.0 kg and a radius of 0.393 m is free to rotate about a frictionless axle. Forces of 90.0 and 125 N are applied to the disk, as the figure illustrates. Taking the clockwise direction to be the negative direction, what is (a) the net torque produced by the two...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas