if a patient in russell's traction slide way down in bed, what are the 2 problems that may arise?
Birds resting on high-voltage power lines are a common sight. A certain copper power line carries a current of 130 A, and its resistance per unit length is 15.1 10 5 /m. If a bird is standing on this line with its feet 12 cm apart, what is the potential difference across the bird s...
Figure 11-34 gives the speed v versus time t for a 0.500 kg object of radius 6.00 cm that rolls smoothly down a 30 ramp. What is the rotational inertia of the object?
. Force N N acts on a particle with position vector m m . What are (a) the torque on the particle about the origin, in unit-vector notation, and (b) the angle between...
A proton is confined to a nucleus whose diameter is 5.5*10^-15m. If this distance is considered to be the uncertainty in the position of the proton, what is the minimum uncertainty in its momentum? I don't really get the uncertainty concept, and how can I do this question?Please help!THANKS...
A flea is able to jump about 0.5 m. It has been said that if a flea were as big as a human, it would be able to jump over a 100-story building! When an animal jumps, it converts work done in contracting muscles into gravitational potential energy (with some steps in between). The maximum force...
An 80kg runner accelerates out of the starting blocks at 2.0m/s squared. He reaches his top speed in 10 seconds. What force must the runner exert that he can achieve his acceleration?
An AC power generator produces 48 A (rms) at 3600 V. The voltage is stepped up to 100000 V by an ideal transformer, and the energy is transmitted through a long-distance power line that has a resistance of 90 . What percentage of the power delivered by the generator is dissipated as heat in the...
1. A 4.0-kg mass has a velocity of 4.0 m/s, east when it explodes into two 2.0-kg masses. After the explosion one of the masses has a velocity of 3.0 m/s at an angle of 60 north of east. What is the magnitude of the velocity of the other mass after the explosion?
A block of mass 3 kg initially at rest is pulled along a friction less horizontal surface with a force of 4N. The speed of the block at t=2s is a)4/3 m/s b)8/3m/s c)4 m/s d)8m/s e)24m/s For this problem this is a graph. Some of the points on the graph are (0,0),(1,2),(2,4),(3,6) where...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas