Assuming the energy deposited is absorbed by the growth, find the amount of energy delivered per unit mass.
The laws of refraction and reflection are the same for sound as for light. The speed of sound is 340 m/s in air and 1510 m/s in water. If a sound wave traveling in air approaches a plane water surface at an angle of incidence of 9.8 , what is the angle of refraction?
A hollow sphere is rolling along a horizontal floor at 4.50 when it comes to a 40.0 incline.
615 nm light is incident on a single slit that is .25 mm in width. The observing screen is 3 m away. find the position of the first dark fringe and the width of the central bright fringe
When a wood shelf of mass 6.1 kg is fastened inside a slot in a vertical support, the support exerts a torque on the shelf.
Figure 11-34 gives the speed v versus time t for a 0.901 kg object of radius 1.72 cm that rolls smoothly down a 35.0 ramp. What is the rotational inertia of the object?
The advantages and disadantages of using wiretaping and cameras in the criminal justice system
The magnetic field of earth at a certain location is directed vertically downward and has a magnitude of 50microT. A proton is moving horizontally torward the west in this field wtih a speed of 6.20x10^6 m/s . Find the direction and magnitude of magnetic force the field exerts on the proton?
The ammeter shown in Figure P28.20 reads 2.60 A. Find I1, I2, and .
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas