A playground merry-go-round of radius 2.4m has a moment of inertia 106 kg.mm^2 and is rotating at 14 rev/min about a frictionless verticle axle. Facing the axle, a 35 kg child hops onto the merry-go-round, and manages to sit down on the edge. What is the new angular speed of the...
this is the problem set I am interested in: I am particularly interested in 1 and 3. thanks. 1. Driven dynamics in random potential|In class, we formulated the problem of a particle driven by a force f in a one-dimensional random potential U(x). You are asked here to derive and sketch the...
At a certain instant, the earth, the moon, and a stationary 1030 spacecraft lie at the vertices of an equilateral triangle whose sides are3.84*10^5 in length.
A small fly of mass 0.20 is caught in a spider's web. The web vibrates predominately with a frequency of 4.9 .
An object undergoing simple harmonic motion takes 0.55 s to travel from one point of zero velocity to the next such point. The distance between those points is 46 cm. (a) Calculate the amplitude
how are levitating polarons attained in planar multilayer nanostructures
Two blocks are arranged at the ends of amass- less string as shown in the figure. The system starts from rest. When the 2.42 kg mass has fallen through 0.357 m, its downward speed is 1.3 m/s. The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 . 2.42 kg 3.97 kg a What is the frictional force...
Two steel guitar strings have the same length. String A has a diameter of 0.50 mm and is under 410.0 N of tension. String B has a diameter of 1.0 mm and is under a tension of 820.0 N. Find the ratio of the wave speeds, vA/vB, in these two strings.
You hold a spherical salad bowl 90 in front of your face with the bottom of the bowl facing you. The salad bowl is made of polished metal with a 30 radius of curvature.Where is the image of your 2.0tall nose located?
The figure shows a hollow cylindrical tube that has a mass M, a length L, and a moment of inertia ML2/10. Inside the cylinder are two disks, each of mass m, separated a distance script i, and tied to a central post by a thin string. The system can rotate about a vertical axis through the center...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas