Just beneath the surface of yellowstore national park is a large?
A worker drops a wrench from the top of a tower 80 m tall. What is the speed of the wrench when it strikes the ground?
To stretch a relaxed biceps muscle 2.9 cm requires a force of 25 N. Find the Young's modulus for the muscle tissue, assuming it to be a uniform cylinder of length 0.24 m and cross-sectional area 55 cm2.
A solid copper ball with a diameter of 3.00m at sea level is placed at the bottom of the ocean, at a depth of 10.0 km. If the density of sea water is 1030 kg /m3, how much does the diameter of the ball decrease when it reaches bottom?
Two recording devices are set 3600 feet apart, with device at point A to the West of the device at point B. At a point on line between the devices, 200 feet from point B a small amount of explosive is detonated. The recording devices record the time the sound reaches each one.How far directly...
The red cart is given an initial velocity of v0 = 3.25 m/s to the right, and the blue cart is initially at rest. If the carts collide elastically, find the magnitude of the velocity of the red cart just after the first collision. Find the magnitude of the velocity of the blue cart just after...
9 (part 1 of 2) 10.0 points A baseball is thrown at an angle of 22^ relative to the ground at a speed of 29.3 m/s. The ball is caught 60.7908 m from the thrower. The acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s ^2 . How long is it in the air? Answer in units of s. 010 (part...
A weight (with a mass of 61 kg) is suspended from a point at the right-hand end of a uni- form boom with a mass of 40 kg . A horizontal cable at an elevation of 4.5 m is attached to the wall and to the boom at this same end point. The boom is also supported by a pivot (at the origin of the...
A 300 block on a 54.0 -long string swings in a circle on a horizontal, frictionless table at 65.0 . what is speed of block?
A skateboarder shoots off a ramp with a velocity of 6.3 m/s, directed at an angle of 62 above the horizontal. The end of the ramp is 1.3 m above the ground. Let the x axis be parallel to the ground, the +y direction be vertically upward, and take as the origin the point on the ground directly...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas