a river flows due east at 1.5 meters per seconds. a motorboat leaves the north shore of the river and heads die south at 2 meters per second. which vector best represents the resultant velocity of the boat relative to the riverbank?
A 0.400 kg object is swung in a vertical circular path on a string 0.500 m long. If its speed is 4.10 m/s at the top of the circle, what is the tension in the string there?
An observer moving toward Earth with a speed of 0.94 notices that it takes 5.2 for a person to fill her car with gas. Suppose, instead, that the observer had been moving away from Earth with a speed of 0.79.How much time would the observer have measured for the car to be filled in this case?
An electron moves at right angles to a magnetic field of 0.109 T. What is its speed if the force exerted on it is 9.00 10-15 N?
Space invaders land on earth. On the invaders' temperature scale, the ice point is at 25 I (I = invader), and the steam point is at 153 I. The invaders' thermometer shows the temperature on earth to be 55 I. Using logic similar to that in Example 1 in the text, what would this...
A spring with 57 N/m hangs vertically next to a ruler. The end of the spring is next to the 12-cm mark on the ruler. If a 3.0-kg mass is now attached to the end of the spring, where will the end of the spring line up with the ruler marks?
Consider a thin 32 m rod pivoted at one end. A uniform density spherical object (whose mass is 4 kg and radius is 3.2 m) is attached to the free end of the rod and the moment of inertia of the rod about an end 69 is Irod = 1 mL2 and the moment of iner- 3 tia of the sphere about its center of...
What is the capacitance of the three concentric metal spherical shells in the figure ? Hint: Can you think of this as a combination of capacitors? R1 = 1 cm R2 = 2 cm R3 = 3 cm
Suppose an object is set sliding, with a speed less than escape velocity, on an infinite frictionless plane in contact with the surface of the Earth, as shown. Describe its motion. (Will it slide forever at a constant velocity? Will it slide to a stop? In what way will its energy changes be...
A sledge with bricks has a total mass of 180.0 kg and is pulled at a constant speed by a rope inclined at 20 degrees above the horizongtal. The sledge moves a distance of 20.0 m on a horizontal surface. The coefficient of kinetic friction betweenthe sledge and surface is 0.500. (a) What is the...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas