An air bubble originating from an under water diver has a radius of 7.5 mm at some depth h. When the bubble reaches the surface of the water, it has a radius of 6 mm. Assuming the temperature of the air in the bubble remains constant, determine the abso- lute pressure at this depth h....
On a workday the average decibel level of a busy street is 73 dB, with 100 cars passing a given point every minute. If the number of cars is reduced to 40 every minute on a weekend, what is the decibel level of the street?
an object whose specific gravity is 0.850 is placed in water. What fraction of the object is below the surface of the water
a cube of ice is taken from the freezer at -8.5 C and placed in a 95-g aluminum calorimeter filled with 310 g of water at room temperature of 20.0 C. the final situation is observed to be all water 17 C. what was the mass of the ice cube?
In coming to a stop, a car leaves skid marks 91 m long on the highway. Assuming a deceleration of 7.50 m/s2, estimate the speed of the car just before braking.
Suppose the time taken for light to bounce to and fro between the parallel mirrors of a light clock is 1 second, in the frame of reference of the light clock. As seen by another observer moving at high speed at right angles to the to-and-fro motion of the bouncing light, the time taken would be...
Tarzan swings down from a tree branch on a 36m long vine initially inclined at 42 with the vertical. What is his speed at the bottom of the swing if he starts at rest?
A superhero flies 150 m from the top of a tall building at an angle of 23 below the horizontal. What is the horizontal component of the superhero s displacement? Answer in units of m
A wrecking ball (weight = 5400 N) is supported by a boom, which may be assumed to be uniform and has a weight of 3000 N. As the drawing shows, a support cable runs from the top of the boom to the tractor. The angle between the support cable and the horizontal is 32 , and the angle between the...
A vaulter holds a 34.6-N pole in equilibrium by exerting an upward force with her leading hand and a downward force with her trailing hand as shown in the figure below. Point C is the center of gravity of the pole. (Let L1 = 2.25 m, L2 = 1.55 m, and L3 = 0.700 m.) (a) What is the magnitude of...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas