use the quadratic equation for an object dropped from a specific height
A square coil of wire with 15 turns and an area of 0.40 m2 is placed parallel to a magnetic field of 0.75 T. The coil is flipped so its plane is perpendicular to the magnetic field in 0.050 s. What is the magnitude of the average induced emf?
Car A is traveling 22 m/s and Car B at 33 m/s. Car A is 300 m behind Car B when the driver of Car A acclerates his car with an accleration of 2.0 m/s^2. How long does it take Car A to overtake Car B?
A car battery with a 12 V emf and an internal resistance of 0.040 is being charged with a current of 50 A. (a) What is the potential difference V across its terminals (b) What is the rate Pr of energy dissipation inside the battery? (c) At what rate is electrical energy being converted to...
Piston 1 in the figure below has a diameter of 0.27 in.; Piston 2 has a diameter of 1.9 in. In the absence of friction, determine the force necessary to support the 500 lb weight. 1 lb
When a 256 Hz tuning fork is sounded with another tuning fork, the listener hears a beat frequency of 6 Hz. What is the frequency of the second fork?
"When a 256 Hz tuning fork is sounded with another tuning fork, the listener hears a beat frequency of 6 Hz. What is the frequency of the second fork?"
A person pulls a tobbagan at a constant velocity for a distance of 35.0 m along the snow with a rope directed 25.0 degress above the snow . The tension in the rope is 94.0 N
After landing on an unfamiliar planet, a space explorer constructs a simple pendulum of length 52.0 cm. The explorer finds that the pendulum completes 97.0 full swing cycles in a time of 126 s.
At a height of 15 meters above the surface of a lake, a sound pulse is generated. The echo from the bottom of the lake returns to the point of origin 0.160 s later. The air and water temperatures are 20 C. How deep is the lake?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas