Ricardo, mass 89 kg and Carmelita, who is lighter, are enjoying Lake Merced at dusk in a 30 kg canoe. When the canoe is at rest in the placid water, they exchange seats, which are 3.0 m apart and symmetrically located with respect to the center of the canoe. Ricardo notices that the canoe moved...
Water flowing through a garden hose of diameter 2.75 cm fills a 22.0 L bucket in 1.60 min.
A 2200-kg sport utility vehicle traveling at 96 km/h can be stopped in 0.20 s if it hits a concrete wall. Assume a 60 kg person was in the car that hit this wall. The velocity of the person equals that of the car both before and after the crash, and the velocity changes in 0.20 s.
In a period of 1.0 s, 5.0 1023 nitrogen molecules strike a wall of area 8.6 cm2 . If the molecules move at 270 m/s and strike the wall head on in a perfectly elastic collision, find the pressure exerted on the wall. (The mass of one N2 molecule is 4.68 10-26 kg.) Pa
if 10 centimeters cubed of a substance has a mass of 105 grams what is its density?
A 1.80x102-kg piano is being lifted at a steady speed from ground level straight up to an apartment 18.0 m above the ground. The crane that is doing the lifting produces a steady power of 4.00x102 W. How much time does it take to lift the piano?
a car crashes into a wall at 25 m/s and is brought to rest in 0.1 s. Show that the average force exerted on a 75 kg test dummy by the seat belt is more than 18,000 N.
A basketball (m = 0.65 kg) is dropped from rest. Just before striking the floor, the magnitude of the basketball's momentum is 2.9 kg m/s. At what height was the basketball dropped?
An object weighing 331 N in air is immersed in water after being tied to a string connected to a balance. The scale now reads 299 N. Immersed in oil, the object weighs 314 N. Calculate the density of the object.
A 151-kg crate rests on the flatbed of a truck that moves at a speed of 11.0 m/s around an unbanked curve whose radius is 57.0 m. The crate does not slip relative to the truck. Obtain the magnitude of the static frictional force that the truck bed exerts on the crate.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas