show that the angle between the final velocities is less than 90
a particle moves along the parabola with equation
The circular blade on a radial arm saw is turning at 255 rad/s at the instant the motor is turned off. In 23.0 s the speed of the blade is reduced to 90 rad/s. Assume the blade to be a uniform solid disk of radius 0.130 m and mass 0.400 kg. Find the net torque applied to the blade.
a solid uniform 45 kg ball of diameter 32 cm is supported against a vertical frictionless wall using a thin 30cm wire of negligible mass. make a free-body diagram for the ball and use it t find the tension in thw wire"
A proton moves at a speed of 1.98 multiplied by 107 m/s at right angles to the magnetic field with a magnitude of 0.15 T. Find the magnitude of the acceleration of the proton.
n the position shown collar B moves to the left with constant velocity of 300 mm/s. determine the velocity of collar A, the velocity of portion c of the cable and the relative velocity of portion c with respect to collar b
An outfielder throws a ball with an initial velocity of magnitude v1 at an angle of 10 degrees with the horizontal to the catcher 50m away. Knowing that the ball is to arrive at a height between 0.5 and 1.5m determine (a) the range of values for v1, (b) the range of values of the maximum height h...
1.A rope having a total mass of 0.4kg and total length 4m has 0.6m of the rope hanging vertically down off a work bench. How much work must be done to place all the rope on the bench?
law of motion?
A large sphere rolls without slipping across a horizontal surface. The sphere has a constant translational speed of 10 meters per second, a mass m of 25 kg, and a radius r of 0.2 meters. The moment of inertia of the sphere about its center of mass is I = 2/5 mr2. The sphere approaches a 25...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas