While being thrown, a net force of 132 N acts on baseball (mass=140kg) for a period of 4.5x10^-2. What is the magnitude of the change of momentum of the ball?
A coin C of mass .0050 kg is placed on a horizontal disk at a distance of 0.14 m from the center, as shown above. The disk rotates at a constant rate in a counterclockwise direction as seen from above. The coin does not slip, and the time it takes for the coin to make a complete revolution is 1.5 s.
Light is incident normally on a 1.00 cm layer of water that lies on top of a flat LuciteTM plate with a thickness of 0.500 cm. How much more time is required for light to pass through this double layer than is required to traverse the same distance in air
The question is: Can you photograph yourself in a mirror and focus the camera on both your image and the mirror frame? Explain. I tried it for myself and it's possible, but I just can't explain why.
Two converging lenses having focal lengths of 14.0 cm and 23.0 cm are placed 50 cm apart, as shown in Figure P23.44. The final image is to be located between the lenses, at the position indicated
new york's 300m tall Citicorp Tower oscillates in the wind with a period of 6.80s. Calculate ot's frequency of vibration
A broad beam of light of wavelength 558 nm is incident at 90 on a thin, wedge-shaped film with index of refraction 1.50. An observer intercepting the light transmitted by the film sees 14 bright and 13 dark fringes along the length of the film. By how much does the film thickness change over...
A heat engine operates between two reservoirs at 8.7?C and 150?C. What is the maximum efficiency possible for this engine?
1. A 4.0 N force acts for 3 seconds on an object. The force suddenly increases to 15 N and acts for one more second. What impulse was imparted by these forces to the object?
A 66 N m torque acts on a wheel with a moment of inertia 175 kg m . ... If the wheel starts from rest, how long will it take the wheel to make one revolution? ... The system is released from rest and accelerates under the weight of m2.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas