A mass-on-a-spring system has a spring constant k = 404 N/m and a mass m = 0.47 kg.
1. 9.4 kg projectile isn fired vertically upward ,air drag decreases the mech energy of projectile earth system by 68kj during the projectile assent how much higher the projectile wud have gone ,were air drag negligible .
Before going into orbit, an astronaut has a mass of 55kg. While in orbit, a measurement determines that a force of 100N causes her to move with an acceleration of 1.90m/s2. To regain her original weight, should she go on a diet or start eating more candy?
an asteroid exerts a 450 N gravitional force on a nearby spacecraft. If the spacecraft moves to a point 3 times as far from the center of the asteroid the force will be?
To raise the pitch of a certain piano string, the piano tuner: A. loosens the string B. tightens the string C. shortens the string D. lengthens the string
1) a)Two loudspeakers are placed at either end of a gymnasium, both pointing towards each other. The sound emitted by the speakers are in phase and are of frequency of 256Hz. An observer midway between the speakers experiences an intensity maximum. How far must an observer walk towards one of...
A 2.40 MHz sound wave travels through a pregnant woman's abdomen and is reflected from the fetal heart wall of her unborn baby. The heart wall is moving toward the sound receiver as the heart beats. The reflected sound is then mixed with the transmitted sound, and 85 beats per second are...
A disk of radius 1.00 m is rotating with 5.39 rad/s and 5.39 rad/s2. What is the magnitude of the linear acceleration of a point on the outer edge of the disk. (Give the answer in three significant figures and SI units)
Given the wavelength of visible lights is from 380 to 730 nm and the work function of sodium is 2.28eV. Calculate the maximum kinetic energy of the photoelection emitted from the surface Sketch a graph of maximum kinetic energy, KEmax against visible light frequency, v for this experiment...
Discuss what is meant by the nuclear atomic model
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas