. A map of a burned area obtained from remote sensing contains 120 pixels. The remote sensing image shows that the fire is isolated to 73 of the 120 pixels. a. How many km2 of forest does the image represent? b. How many km2 of forest is burned? c. How many km2 of forest remained after the...
1. Visible light is incident on a sodium surface in a photoelectric effect experiment. (a) Given the wavelength of visible light is from 380 to 730 nm and the work function of sodium is 2.28 eV, (i) calculate the maximum kinetic energy of the photoelectron emitted from the...
A .3kg softball has a velocity of 15 m/s at an angle of 35 degrees below the horizontal just before making contact with the bat. What is the magnitude of the change in momentum of the ball while in contact with the bat if the ball leaves with a velocity of (a) 20 m/s, vertically downward, and...
A 46 kg child sits in a swing supported by two chains, each 2.8 m long. The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s 2 . If the tension in each chain at the lowest point is 406 N, nd the child s speed at the lowest point. Note: Neglect the mass of the seat. Answer in units of m/s.
A horizontal force of 142 N is used to push a 44 kg packing crate a distance of 5 m on a rough horizontal surface. The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2. If the crate moves with a constant velocity. What is the work done by the force? What is the coefficient of kinetic friction?
A weightlifter lifts a weight of mass 35.0 kg through a distance of 0.630 m, then lowers it gently. He does this 26 times. Calculate the net work done by the force of friction due to the rope rubbing on the support Ff = 165 N). Assume that friction is the only non-conservative force acting.
A .50-kg block, starting at rest slides down a 34.0 degree incline with kinetic friction coefficient 0.20. After sliding 85 cm down the incline, it slides across a frictionless horizontal surface and encounters a spring (k= 350 N/m). A)what is the maximum compression of the spring? B) After...
A 42 kg child sits in a swing supported by two chains, each 3.6 m long. The acceleration of gravity in 9.8 m/s2. If the tension in each chain at the lowest point in 350N, find the child's speed at the lowest point.
A .80kg ball is kicked by a soccer player
After , what happens to the voltage across the inductor and the current through the inductor relative to their values prior to ?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas