A circular loop of radius 30 cm is placed in an external magnetic field of strength 0.30 T so that the plane of the loop is perpendicular to the field. The loop is pulled out of the field in 0.30 s. Find the average induced emf during this interval.
40 A baseball leaves a pitcher s hand horizontally at a speed of 161 km/h. The distance to the batter is 18.3 m. (a) How long does the ball take to travel the first half of that distance? (b) The second half? (c) How far does the ball fall freely during the first half? (d) During the...
A 0.144 kg baseball is pitched horizontally at 37.0 m/s. After it is hit by the bat, it moves at the same speed, but in the opposite direction.
lenses that always diverge light rays that strike them is that convex or concave? I am not sure.
How fast should a car move toward you for the car's horn to sound 2.88% higher in frequency than when the car is stationary? The speed of sound is 343 m/s. A)42.5 Hz B)54.5 Hz C)61.8 Hz D)65.4 Hz v=16 fs=583 vs=343 (16+0)/16 Im not even gonna post the rest because quite frankly I...
How much time is needed for a car to accelerate from a speed of 5.0m/s to a speed of 22m/s if the acceleration is 3.00m/s2?
An athlete whirls a(n) 7.16 kg hammer tied to the end of a(n) 1.2 m chain in a horizontal circle. The hammer moves at the rate of 1.47 rev/s..(a) What is the centripetal acceleration of the hammer?(b) What is the tension in the chain?
The blood flow in the body slows down as it gets farther from the heart. It is observed to have a speed of 30 cm/s near the heart and 20 cm/s at a point 40 cm farther along the arterial pathway. Assuming constant acceleration, a) What is the average velocity for that 40 cm distance? b) How...
A car travels forward with constant velocity. It goes over a small stone, which gets stuck in the groove of a tire. The initial acceleration of the stone, as it leaves the surface of the road is, a)vertically up b)horizontally forward c)horizontally backwards d) zero e)greater than zero...
(See attached file for full problem description with proper symbols) --- 4. The maximum current in a 21 F capacitor connected to an ac generator with a frequency of 120 Hz is 0.12 A. (a) What is the maximum voltage of the generator? V (b) What is the voltage across the capacitor when...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas