Review Conceptual Example 5 before attempting this problem. To illustrate the effect of ice on the aluminum cooling plate, consider the drawing shown here and the data contained therein. Ignore any limitations due to significant figures. (a) Calculate the heat per second per square meter that is...
a 10 kilogram
A 388 g glass coffee cup is at room temper- ature of 20 C. It is then plunged into hot dishwater, 83 C. If the temperature of the cup reaches that of the dishwater, how much heat does the cup absorb? Assume the mass of the dishwater is large enough so its temperature doesn t change...
The brakes on a car do 240,000 J of work in stopping the car. If the car travels a distance of 50 m while the brakes are being applied, what is the force the brakes exert on the car?
An airplane traveling 1001 m above the ocean at 125 km/hr is to drop a box of supplies to shipwrecked victims below. How many seconds (t) before being dropped directly overhead should the box be dropped?
A dentist uses a small mirror of radius 42 mm to locate a cavity in a patient's tooth. If the mirror is concave and is held 15 mm from the tooth, what is the magnification of the image?
3. Shiny lawn spheres placed on pedestals are convex mirrors. One such sphere has a diameter of 45.0 cm. A 12 cm robin sits in a tree 1.2 m from the sphere. Where is the image of the robin? (a)______ cm (from the mirror) How long is the image? (b)_____ cm
003 10.0 points A visitor to a lighthouse wishes to determine the height of the tower. The visitor ties a spool of thread to a small rock to make a simple pendulum, then hangs the pendulum down a spiral staircase in the center of the tower. The period of oscillation is 9.30 s. The...
The density of lead is 11.0 g/cm3 at 20 degrees Celsius. Find its density at 200 degrees Celsius.
The temperature near the surface of the earth is 295 K. An argon atom (atomic mass = 39.948 u) has a kinetic energy equal to the average translational kinetic energy and is moving straight up. If the atom does not collide with any other atoms or molecules, how high up would it go before coming to...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas