Joe has a ring weighing 16 grams made of an alloy of 20 silver and the rest gold. He decides to melt down the rings and add enough silver to reduce the gold content to 66 . How many grams of silver should he add?
If we want to test whether the filament inside a light bulb has been burnt, and we use a multimeter (analog or digital) to do this, what will the reading be if the bulb doesn't work?
A flywheel with initial angular velocity of 120 rad/s comes to rest after undergoing 200 revolutions. Find the constant angular acceleration
A 22 kg child on a 1.4 m long swing is released from rest when the swing supports make an angle of 26.8 with the vertical. The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2 . What is the maximum potential energy associated with the child? Answer in units of J.
A warehouse worker want to push a 30kg box up a loading ramp. the coefficient of kinetic friction between the ramp is 0.28, if the ramp is incliend at 20, determine the applied force required to maintain constant velocity up the ramp.
a small vase is placed 40.0 cm front of a mirror of a focal length 15.0 cm. Determine the characteristics of the image, and its magnification.
Whn u use the pressure law, it is necesssary to write the temperature with the unit Kelvin. Explain why?
A 20.0 kg child is on a swing that hangs from 3.00 m long chains. What is her maximum speed if she swings out to a 45.0o angle?
A small immersion heater is rated at 365 W. Estimate how long it will take to heat a bowl of soup (assume this is 200 mL of water) from 22.0 C to 85.0 C.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas