The sound of a mosquito is produced when it beats its wings at an average of 600 beats per second. What is the frequency of the sound waves? Assuming that the speed of sound is 343 m/s, what is the wavelength of the sound waves?
whats the name of fibula
is water vapor visible
What is the mass of a marble?
Water flows at 12 m/s in a horizontal pipe with a pressure of 3.0 104 N/m2. If the pipe widens to twice its original radius, what is the pressure in the wider section
How do i show the meaning of the term newton utilizing a 1-kg mass in the drawing?
The atmospheric pressure at sea level is about 1.0 x 105 Pa. What is the force at sea level that air exerts on the top of a typical office desk, 163 cm long and 88 cm wide?
A block of mass 0.500 kg is pushed against a horizontal spring of negligible mass until the spring is compressed a distance x as in figure. The force constant of the spring is 450 N/m. When it is released, the block travels along a frictionless, horizontal surface to point B, the bottom of a...
A 35 kg child sits in a swing supported by two chains, each 4.5 m long. If the tension in each chain at the lowest point is 257 N, find the child s speed at the lowest point. (Neglect the mass of the seat.) Answer in units of m/s. Find the force of the seat on the child at the lowest...
A proton moves at 1.62 106 m/s horizontally at a right angle to a magnetic field. The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s2 . What is the strength of the magnetic field required to exactly balance the weight of the proton and keep it moving horizontally? Answer in units of T.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas