You read that a fossil dinosaur skull has been found in Montana and that it has been C-14 dated to be 73 million years old. Provide two (2) scientifically-based reasons to explain why C-14 dating cannot do this.
If light rays strike one mirror at 40 as shown, at what angle f do they leave the second mirror
Discuss the humidity in an air conditioned room and in a heated room in the winter. Why should we use a humidifier and dehumidifer? If the outside temperature is 41 F and room temperature is 68 F should weuse dehumidifer why or why not? also Discuss thermometers, absolute temperature,...
The drawing shows an end-on view of three parallel wires that are perpendicular to the plane of the paper.
What fraction of an iceberg is submerged? (rice = 917 kg/m3, rsea = 1.03 103 kg/m3.)
A sound wave traveling at 342 m/s is emitted by the foghorn of a tugboat. An echo is heard 3.60 s later. How far away is the reflecting object? Answer in units of m.
The mean distance between the Earth and the Sun is 1.50 1011 m. The average intensity of solar radiation incident on the upper atmosphere of the Earth is 1390 W/m2. Assuming that the Sun emits radiation uniformly in all directions, determine the total power radiated by the Sun.
A ray of light strikes a mirror at an angle of 68 to the normal. What is the angle of reflection? What is the angle between the incident ray and the reflected ray? What is the radius of curvature of a concave mirror that magnifies by a factor of +3.5 an object placed 24 cm from the mirror?
A ceiling fan with 83--diameter blades is turning at 61 . Suppose the fan coasts to a stop 29 after being turned off.
If a surface receiving sound is moved from its original position to a position three times farther aways from the source of the sound the intensity of the received sound thus becomes?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas