A 59.0- resistor is connected in parallel with a 116.0- resistor. This parallel group is connected in series with a 15.0- resistor. The total combination is connected across a 15.0-V battery. (a) Find the current in the 116.0- resistor. ______ A (b) Find the power dissipated in the...
Figure 21-20 shows four situations in which particles of charge +q or -q are fixed in place. In each situation, the particles on the x axis are equidistant from the y axis. First, consider the middle particle in situation 1; the middle particle experiences an electrostatic force from each of the...
a veritcal electrical field of magnitude 2.00 x 10^4 N/C exists about the Earth's surface on a day when a thunderstorm is brewing. a car with a rectangular size of 6.00 m by 3.00 m is traveling along a roadway sloping downward at 10.0 degrees. determine the electric flux through the bottom...
a flea can jump straight up to a height of 21.8 , what is its initial speed as it leaves the ground, neglecting air resistance?
window washer pulls herself upward using the bucket-pulley apparatus shown in Fig. 4-48. The mass of the person plus the bucket is 67 kg.(a) How hard must she pull downward to raise herself slowly at constant speed? (b) If she increases this force by 12%, what will her acceleration be?
If the gas in a container absorbs 261 J of heat, has 107 J of work done on it, then does 61 J of work, what is the increase in the internal energy of the gas? Answer in units of J.
A copper block is removed from a 304 C oven and dropped into 1.20 kg of water at 20.3 C. The water quickly reaches 25.6 C and then remains at that temperature. What is the mass of the copper block?
Two charged spheres are 18.0 cm apart. They are moved, and the force on each of them is found to have been doubled. How far apart are they now? ______cm
three uniform thin rods, each of length L = 15 cm, form an inverted U. The vertical rods each have a mass of 14 g; the horizontal rod has a mass of 40 g. What are (a) the x coordinate and (b) the y coordinate of the system's center of mass
An elevator moves downward in a tall building at a constant speed of 4.10 m/s. exactly 6.25 s after the top of the elevator car passes a bolt loosely attached to the wall of the elevator shaft, the bolt falls from rest.At what time does the bolt hit the top of the still-descending elevator?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas