1. For an incoming ray of light of vacuum wavelength 589 nm, fill in the unknown values in the following table. from(medium) to(medium) 0i 0r ---------------------------------------------------- a. flint glass crown glass 25.0...
A 5.0 kg box slides a 11.2 m distance on ice. If the coefficient of kinetic friction is 0.187, what is the work done by the friction force?
new yorks 300-m high citicorp tower oscillates in the wind with a period of 6.80 s. calculate its frequency and vibration.
A copper block rests 30.0 cm from te center of a steel turntable. The coefficient of static friction between the block and the surface is 0.53. the angular acceleration of 0.50 rad/s2. after what time interval will the block start to slip on the turntable?
Two flat surfaces are exposed to a uniform, horizontal magnetic field of magnitude 0.43 T. When viewed edge-on, the first surface is tilted at an angle of 14 from the horizontal, and a net magnetic flux of 8.90 10-3 Wb passes through it. The same net magnetic flux passes through the second...
A weight-lifter is able to hold a barbell with a maximum total mass of 205 kg above his head. A physicist uses him to conduct a classroom demonstration, asking him to hold one insulated conducting rod (without any weights on it) above his head, while a second, very long rod is placed under his...
Suppose the mean radius of a planet is 6.79 *10^6 m, and that of its moon is 1.80 * 1^8 cm. From these data calculate the following. Recall that the surface area of a sphere is 4pir 2 and the volume of a sphere is below. (a) Find the ratio of the planet's surface area to that of its moon...
The average lifetime of a pi meson in its own frame of reference (ie the proper lifetime) is 2.6(10^-8). If the meson moves with a speed of 0.98c what is (a) its mean lifetime measured on earth and (b) the average distance it travels before decaying as measured by an observer on Earth? (c) What...
A pump, submerged at the bottom of a well that is 35 m deep, is used to pump water uphill to a house that is 50 m above the top of the well, as shown above. All pressures are gauge pressures. Neglect the effects of friction, turbulence, and viscosity.
A 218 kg baby elephant is being lifted upward by cable into a helicopter. The upward acceleration of the elephant is 2.97 m/s2. Calculate the tension in the cable. (2780 N)
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas