A 47- child is standing on the outer edge of a merry-go-round that has moment of inertia 799 and radius 2.40 . The entire system is initially rotating at 0.180 . Find the angular velocity if the child moves to a final position 1.10 from the center of the merry-go-round.
A mountain climber jumps a 1.6 m wide crevasse by leaping horizontally with a speed of 7.0 m/s. (a) If the climber's direction of motion on landing is -45 , what is the height difference between the two sides of the crevasse? 1 ....m (b) Where does the climber land? 2 ....m beyond...
How much does an average toy car weigh?
A mortar shell is fired with a velocity of 43 m/s. What is its maximum range on level ground and what angle above the horizontal should it be fired to give maximum range?
15. How much energy does a 50-watt light bulb use compared to a 100-watt light bulb if both are shining for the same length of time? Explain your answer. (3 points) 16. Name three kinds of solid-state components. (3 points) USING SCIENCE SKILLS Figure 20-2 17....
1) A skier of mass 72 kg is pulled up a slope by a motor-driven cable. (a) How much work is required to pull him 80 m up a 30 slope (assumed frictionless) at a constant speed of 3.0 m/s? J (b) What power must a motor have to perform this task? hp 2. /1 points Notes...
find the critical angle of ice(index of refraction:1.3)
Looking for assistance in SCI 164 for all assignments weeks 3-9 plus final project in SCI 164 (University of Phoenix) Axia College.
As a staffing professional in the human resources department, or as the hiring manager of a work unit, explain why it is so important to represent the organization s interests, and what are some possible consequences of not doing so
You hold a spherical salad bowl 95 cm in front of your face with the bottom of the bowl facing you. The salad bowl is made of polished metal with a 40 -\,cm radius of curvature.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas