In a Young s double-slit experiment, both the wavelength and the slit separation are increased by 50%. What happens to the distance between two adjacent bright fringes? 1. It increases by 50%. 2. It decreases by 50%. 3. The distance stays the same. 4. The distance increases...
Two thermally insulated vessels 1 and 2 are filled with air at temperature (t1,t2),volume (v1,v2) and pressure (p1,p2) respectively. if the valve joining the two vessels is opened, find the temperature inside the vessel at equilibrium?
What is the value of the tension force in the rope? The mass of the bucket and its contents is 6.2 kg. The acceleration is 0.93 m/s2 upwards.
Question: In this question, you are asked to find and compare the transformations of the angle of the velocity vector of a particle and the angle of an inclined stick. The relationship between the two frames of reference is as usual. (i) In frame S , a stick makes an angle of with the x...
Derive an expression used to calculate the change in entropy ( S), when the pressure of a perfect gas is changed isothermally from Pi to Pf.
Speical Relativity Question
Derive the general relation between the heat capacities for a perfect gas.
Derive the relation: Cv = -( U/ V)T ( V/ T)U from the expression for the total differential of U(T,V)
A long string carries a wave; a 5.50-m segment of the string contains five complete wavelengths and has a mass of 180 g. The string vibrates sinusoidally with a frequency of 45.0 Hz and a peak-to-valley displacement of 19.0 cm. (The "peak-to-valley" distance is the vertical...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas