At an instant when a soccer ball is in contact with the foot of the player kicking it, the horizontal or x component of the ball's acceleration is 810 m/s2 and the vertical or y component of its acceleration is 1300 m/s2. The ball's mass is 0.42 kg. What is the magnitude of the net...
Name the two physical properties that determine the amount of thermal energy in a material whose specific heat is known
why does methylated spirits evaporate
YThe buzzing sound of a mosquito's wings is emitted at a frequency of 1050 Hz. You hear at 1030 Hz when flying awa;y. At what velocity is the mosquito flying?
12kg of a tire that will be pulled by three horizontal ropes
A 0.144 kg baseball is pitched horizontally at 40.0 m/s. After it is hit by the bat, it moves at the same speed, but in the opposite direction. (a) Draw arrows showing the ball's momentum before and after it hits the bat. (Do this on paper. Your instructor may ask you to turn in this...
A 0.144 kg baseball is pitched horizontally at 39.0 m/s. After it is hit by the bat, it moves at the same speed, but in the opposite direction. (b) What was the change in momentum of the ball? (c) What was the impulse delivered by the bat? (d) If the bat and ball were in contact for 0.75...
A specimen taken from the wrappings of a mummy contains 7.02 g of carbon and has an activity of 1.34 Bq. How old is the mummy? Determine its age in years assuming that in living trees the ratio of 14C/12C atoms is 1.23E-12 I am not able to get the answer.Please help
The source of an intense 780. Hz whistle sound is 800. meters away. If the sound travels at 341. m/s, how many wavelengths are between you and the source?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas