A charge of -3.05 nC and a charge of -6.80 nC are separated by a distance of 30.0 cm. Find the position at which a third charge of +7.20 nC can be placed so that the net electrostatic force on it is zero.
Consider the group of resistors in the figure below, where R1 = 14.6 and R2 = 8.37 . The current in the 13.8 resistor is 0.750 A. Find the current in the other resistors in the circuit.
What would be the final temperature of 100 g of 22 C water when 98 g of 40 C iron nails are submerged in it? (The specific heat of iron is 0.12 cal/g C. Here you should equate the heat gained by the water to the heat lost by the nails.)
The sketch shows a thin film of soapy water of uniform thickness and index of refraction suspended in air. Consider rays 1 and 2 emerging from the film: Ray 1 represents the reflected wave at the air-film interface and ray 2 represents the wave that reflects off the lower surface of the film....
At a beach the light is generally partially polarized due to reflections off sand and water. At a particular beach on a particular day near sundown, the horizontal component of the electric field vector is 2.9 times the vertical component. A standing sunbather puts on polarizing sunglasses; the...
The weight of block 1 sitting on a table is 422 Newton s. A rope tied to block 1 passes over a pulley mounted on the edge of the table and is tied to block 2 hanging at the side of the table. Block 2 weighs 185 Newton s. Ignoring all the frictional forces and assuming the pulley has no mass,...
Two blocks are connected by a rope that passes of a set of pulleys. One block weighs 412 Newton s, and the other weighs 908 Newton s. The rope and the pulleys have no mass or friction. (a) What is the acceleration of the lighter block? (b) If the heavier block is removed and a downward force...
A woman stands on a scale in a moving elevator. Her mass is 60 kg, and the combined mass of the elevator and scale is an additional 815 kg. Starting from rest the elevator accelerates upward. During the acceleration there is a tension of 9410 Newton s in the hoisting cable. What does the scale...
in a certain region air resistance is neglisible in such a place u are said to project a partical of mass m,with initial velocity Vi,at an angle with x-axis.using Lagrange's eq. describe motion of projectile
A beam of parallel rays from a laser is incident on a solid transparent sphere of index refraction n (see fig). If point image is produced at the back of the sphere, what is the index of refraction? What index of refraction, if any, will produce a point image at the center of sphere? Please...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas