A shop sign weighing 235 N is supported by a uniform 145 N beam as shown in Fig. 9-54. Find the tension in the guy wire
A magnifier has a magnification of 6x. How far from the lens should an object be placed so that its (virtual) image is at the near-point distance of 25 cm?
Aluminum has a density of 2.7 103 kg/m3 and a molar mass of 27 g/mol. The Hall coefficient of aluminum is R = -3.0 10-11 m3/C. What is the number of conduction electrons per aluminum atom?
A centrifuge rotor has a moment of inertia of 3.40 10-2 kg m2. How much energy is required to bring it from rest to 8000 rpm?
A worker stands still on a roof sloped at an angle of 39 above the horizontal. He is prevented from slipping by a static frictional force of 440 N. Find the mass of the worker.
A 0.225 kg sample of tin initially at 97.5 C is dropped into 0.115 kg of water. The initial temperature of the water is 10.0 C. If the specific heat capacity of tin is 230 J/kg C, what is the final equilibrium temperature of the tin-water mixture?
4. A downed pilot fires a flare from a flare gun. The flare has an initial speed of 250 m/s and is fired at an angle of 35 to the ground. How long does it take for the flare to reach its maximum altitude?
What is the drag force on a 1.6 m wide, 1.4 m high car traveling at 10 m/s (approx 22mph) and 30 m/s (approx 65mph)?
A 550 N physics student stands on a bathroom scale in an elevator. As the elevator starts moving, the scale reads 450N. (a) Find the acceleration of the elevator (magnitude and direction) (b) What is the acceleration if the scale reads 670 N? (c) If the scale reads zero, should the student...
State Archimedes' principle in your own words
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas