A ball is thrown horizontally from a height of 22.17 m and hits the ground with a speed that is 4.0 times its initial speed. What was the initial speed?
The position of a softball tossed vertically upward is described by the equation y = c1 t c2 t2, where y is in meters, t in seconds, c1 = 2.88 m/s, and c2 = 6.67 m/s2. Find the ball s initial speed v0 at t0 = 0 s. Answer in units of m/s. (part 2 of 3) Find its velocity at t = 1.71...
"A person who is properly constrained by an over-the-shoulder seat belt has a good chance of surviving a car collision if the decceleration does not exceed 26.0 G's (1.00 G = 9.8 m/s^2). Assuming uniform decceleration of this value, calculate the distance over which the front end of...
A cylindrical thank has a tight-fitting piston that allows the volume of the tank to change. The tank contains 0.5m of the air at a pressure of 2x 10 pa. The piston id slowly pushed in until the pressure of the air is increased to 2.5 x10 pa. If the temperature remains constant, what is the final...
A shower stall measures 92.0 cm 92.0 cm 220 cm. If you were singing in the shower, which frequencies will sound the richest (because of resonance). Assume that the stall acts as a pipe closed at both ends, with nodes at opposite sides, and that the voices of various singers range from 130 Hz to...
A girl pushes a box that has a weight of 435 N up an incline. If the girl exerts a force of 165 N along the incline, what is the mechanical advantage (MA) of the incline?
A person weighs 612N. If the person sits in the middle of a hammock that is 3.0 m long and sags 1.0m below the points of support, what force would be exerted by each of the two hammock ropes?
Using the capacitance determined in part (a), calculate the current in the circuit 7.4 after the switch is closed. Assume that the capacitor is uncharged initially and that the emf of the battery is 9.0 .
At some distance from a point charge, the electric potential is 640 V and the magnitude of the electric field is 198 N/C.determine the charge
one end of a wire is attatched to a ceiling, and a solid bras ball is tied to the lower end. the tension in the wire is 160N. what is the radius of the ball?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas