Assuming that the only significant contribution to the angular momentum comes from the spinning of the flywheel about its center, what is the angular momentum vector about the pivot at ? Specify the components of with respect to the axes shown in the diagram. Write the components in order , ,...
A long, straight wire containing a semicircular region of radius 0.95 is placed in a uniform magnetic field of magnitude 2.20 as shown in the figure .
A block of mass 2.50 kg is pushed 2.20 m along a frictionless horizontal table .... A 0.250-kg block is placed on a light vertical spring (k = 5.00 103 N/m) and ... After the block is released, it leaves the spring and continues to travel upwards. What height above the point of release will the...
A 10 m long, 200g rod with uniform mass distribution is hinged at one end and connected to a wall. It is held horizontally, and then released. What is the speed of the tip of the rod as it hits the wall?
A bob of mass 50g oscillates as simple pendulum with amplitude 5cm and period 2sec.calculate the instantneous velocity of the bob.
"A hollow cylinder of radius and height has a total charge uniformly distributed over its surface. The axis of the cylinder coincides with the z axis, and the cylinder is centered at the origin, as shown in the figure.What is the potential in the limit as goes to zero?"
please i need the answers now
"A spherical mirror is polished on both sides. When used as a convex mirror, the magnification is 1/5. What is the magnification when used as a concave mirror, the object remaining the same distance from the mirror? Give your answer to three significant figures."
when you are writing a lab report for physics, is the apparatus what materials you used? if not then what do i write in the apparatus?
On level ground a shell is fired with an initial velocity of 74.6 at 61.1 above the horizontal and feels no appreciable air resistance.At its highest point, find the horizontal and vertical components of its acceleration
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas