How much work is done when a force of 800.0 N is exerted while pushing a crate across a level floor for a distance of 1.5 m? Submit answer in J.
What's the speed of a rider along the circular path around the platform?(on the ride:Survivor)
A 75.0-kg skier rides a 2830 meter-long lift up to the top of a mountain. The lift makes an angle of 14.6 degrees with the horizontal. What is the change in the skier s gravitational potential energy? Topic: Work and Energy.
A cyclist approaches the bottom of a gradual hill at a speed of 11 meters per second. The hill is 5.0 meters high, and the cyclist estimates that she is going fast enough to coast up and over it without peddling. Ignoring air and frictional resistance, find the speed at which the cyclist crests...
A wrecking ball swings at the end of a 10.0 meter cable on a vertical circular arc. The crane operator manages to give the ball a speed of 6 meters per second as the ball passes through the lowest point of its swing and gives it no further assistance. Air and friction are negligible. What speed...
People (especially the elderly) who are prone to falling can wear hip pads to cushion the impact on their hip from a fall. Experiments have shown that if the speed at impact can be reduced to 1.30 or less, the hip will usually not fracture. Let us investigate the worst-case scenario, in which a...
Many people mistakenly believe that the astronauts that orbit Earth are "above gravity." Calculate g for space shuttle territory 220 km above Earth's surface. Assume Earth's mass is 6.0 1024 kg, and its radius is 6.38 106 m (6380 km). Your answer is what...
If the ramp is inclined at 27.3 to the horizontal, what horizontal force must the delivery person apply to the chesterfield?
The block has a mass of 150 kg and rests on a surface for which the coefficients of static and kinetic friction are 0.5 and 0.4, respectively. If a force F = (60t^2) N, where t is in seconds, is applied to the cable, determine the power developed by the force when t = 5s. Hint: First determine...
What color would a yellow cloth appear if illuminated with the following types of light? sunlight, yellow light, and blue light
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas