A 70 g sample of copper is at 11 C. If 1182 J of energy are added to the copper, what is its final temperature? Assume the specific heat of copper is 387 J/kg C.
A package of mass 6 kg sits at the equator of an airless asteroid of mass 4.0 1020 kg and radius 5.3 105 m. We want to launch the package in such a way that it will never come back, and when it is very far from the asteroid it will be traveling with speed 229 m/s. We have a large and powerful...
An underwater diver sees the sun 56 above horizontal. How high is the sun above the horizon to afisherman in a boat above the diver?
A spring with a spring constant of 1.8 102 N/m is attached to a 1.3 kg mass and then set in motion.
2. A proton moves perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field B at a speed of 1.00 X 107 m/s and experiences an acceleration of 2.00 X 1013 m/s2 in the +x direction when its velocity is in the +z direction. Determine the magnitude and direction of the field.
If the balloon is 24.9 cm in diameter when the child loses it, what is its diameter at an altitude of 1510 m? Assume that the balloon is very flexible and so surface tension can be neglected.
A 7 g lead (cp = 128 J/kg C) bullet traveling at 275 m/s is stopped by a large tree. If half the kinetic energy of the bullet is transformed into internal energy and remains with the bullet while the other half is transmitted to the tree, what is the increase in temperature of the bullet?
In an electric field, can two different equipotential lines ever cross each other? Explain why or why not?
A potential difference of 90 mV exists between the inner surfaces of a cell membrane. The inner surface is negative relative to the other surface. How much work is required to eject a positive sodium ion (Na+) form the interior of the cell?
The wavelength of a wave in a guitar string is 1.58m and the speed of the wave is 404 m/s. what is the frequency of the note produced
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas