Use the value of the Sun s luminosity (3.90 1026 watts, or 3.90 1026 joules per second) to calculate what mass of hydrogen the Sun will convert into helium during its entire main-sequence lifetime of 1.2 1010 years. (Assume that the Sun s luminosity remains nearly constant during the...
What is the gas pressure inside the cylinder? Express your answer using four significant figures
A hot-air balloon is rising straight up with a speed of 2.2 m/s. A ballast bag is released from rest relative to the balloon when it is 13.6 m above the ground. How much time elapses before the ballast bag hits the ground?
Formulate interview questions relating to personality.
The wavelength of red light in air is 827 nm. What is its frequency? The speed of light in air is 2.99792 108 m/s. Answer in units of Hz.
An astronaut is motionless in outer space. Upon command, the propulsion unit strapped to his back ejects some gas with a velocity of +32m/s, and the astronaut recoils with a velocity of -0.30 m/s. After the gas is ejected, the mass of the astronaut is 160 kg. What is the mass of the ejected gas?...
Adolf and Ed are wearing harnesses and are hanging from the ceiling by means of ropes attached to them. They are face to face and push off against each other. Adolf has a mass of 120 kg, and Ed has a mass of 78 kg. Following the push, Adolf swings upward to a height of 0.65 meters above his...
In a football game, a receiver is standing still, having just caught a pass. Before he can move a tackler, running at a velocity of +4.5 m/s, grabs him. The tackler holds on to the receiver, and the two move of together with a velocity of +2.6 m/s. The mass of the tackler is 115 kg. Assuming that...
A skier with a mass of 62 kg starts from rest and skis down an icy (frictionless) slope that has a length of 40 m at an angle of 32 with respect to the horizontal. At the bottom of the slope, the path levels out and becomes horizontal, the snow becomes less icy, and the skier begins to slow...
oganizational behavoior goals include
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas