snow reflects almost all of the light incident upon it. However, a single beam of light is not reflected in the form of parallel rays. This is an example of __ reflection off of a __ surface.
Compare the sizes of the different digestive organs. Which organ is the largest? How does its size make it well suited for its function?
Two masses are connected by a string which passes over a pulley with negligible mass and friction. One mass hangs vertically and one mass slides on a 30.0-degree incline. The inclined surface has a coefficient of kinetic friction of 0.200. The vertically hanging mass is 4.00 kg and the mass on...
a person falls out of in airplane to a velocity of 60.0 m/s. how far did she fall
A particle is confined to a one-dimensional box. While the particle makes a transition from the state n to the state n-1, radiation of 114.8nm is emitted. While the particle makes the transition from the state n-1 to the state n-2, radiation of wavelength 147nm is emitted. The ground-state...
What is ice?
the question is attached please try to answer as soon as possible thanks in advanced
A space station consists of two donut shaped living chambers, A and B, that have radii of rA=3.20X10^2m, rB=1.10X10^3m. As the station rotates, an astronaut in chamber A is moving 2.40X10^2m along a circular arc. How far along a circular arc can astronaut in chamber B moved during this same time?...
The drive propeller of a ship starts from rest and accelerates at 3.50X 10^-3 rad/s^2 for 1.80 X 10^3 seconds. For the next 3.60 X 10^3 seconds, the propeller rotates at a constant angular speed. Then it decelerates at 2.00 X 10^-3 rad/s^2, until it slows (without reversing direction) to an...
A thin straight rod is rotating with an angular speed of 3.14 rad/s about a vertical axis. One end of the rod lies on the vertical axis line, the other end of the rod lies on the circumferential line of the circle. In one second the rod moves around the circular arc whose length equals the length...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas