when a hydronium ion concentration equals 1x10-33 mol/L, what is the pH of the solution?
A molecule of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is 2.34 m long. The ends of the molecule become singly ionized -- negative on one end, positive on the other. The helical molecule acts like a spring and compresses 1.23% upon becoming charged. Determine the effective spring constant of the molecule.
"A penny of mass 3.10 g rests on a small 20.0 g block supported by a spinning disk (Fig. P6.60). The coefficients of friction between block and disk are 0.750 (static) and 0.640 (kinetic) while those for the penny and block are 0.520 (static) and 0.450 (kinetic). What is the maximum...
A net force of 3000 Newton accelerates a car from rest to 36km/hr in 5 seconds. What is the mass of the car? What is the weight of the car?
Correct. An oscillating LC circuit has a current amplitude of 7.80 mA, a potential amplitude of 266 mV, and a capacitance of 244 nF. What are (a) the period of oscillation (in s), (b) the maximum energy stored in the capacitor, (c) the maximum energy stored in the inductor, (d) the...
Typically, a ladder stands on a horizontal surface (the floor) and leans against a vertical surface (the wall). Suppose a ladder of length l = 3.04m, with mass m1 = 13.3kg, rests against a smooth wall at an angle of ! = 24.8! (between the wall and the ladder). Assume the mass of the ladder is...
The noise level coming from a pig pen with 185 pigs is 60.1 db. Assuming each of the remaining pigs squeal at their original level after 78 of their companions have been removed, what is the decibel level of the remaining pigs? answer in units of db
An air-filled toroidal solenoid has a mean radius of 12.0 and a cross-sectional area of 5.40 . When the current is 15.0 , the energy stored is 0.450 . How many turns does the winding have?
derive expression for the position,velocity and acceleration of a particle in both cylindrical and spherical coordinate
A 0.01 kg bullet is fired into a 1.0 kg wood block, where it lodges. Subsequently, the block slides 4.0 m across a floor. What was the speed of the bullet?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas