If a Ball weighing 7.30 kg fell a height of 1.75 meters, how fast would it be going just before it hit the ground.
15 kg object and a 10kg are suspended , joined bya cord that passes over a pulley with a radius of 10 cm and a mass of 3 kg . calculate the acceleration of the system?
A star ending its life with a mass of 16 times the mass of the Sun is expected to collapse, combining its protons and electrons to form a neutron star. Such a star could be thought of as a gigantic atomic nucleus. If a star of mass 16 multiplied by 1.99 multiplied by 1030 kg collapsed into...
Suppose a bullet of mass m = 6.86 g is fired into a ballistic pendulum whose bob has a mass of M = 0.665 kg
A mixture of gasoline vapor and air is placed in an engine cylinder. the piston has an area of 7.4 * 10 ^ -3 m ^ 2 and is displaced inward by 7.2 * 10 ^-2 m. If 9.5 * 10 ^5 Pa of pressure is placed on the piston, how much work is done during this process? Is work being done on or by the gas...
A certain string just breaks when it is under 25 N of tension. A boy uses this string to whirl a 0.75-kg stone in a horizontal circle of radius 2.0 m. The boy continuously increases the speed of the stone. At approximately what speed will the string break?
the waves from a radio station can reach a home receiver by two paths. One is a straight-line path from transmitter to home, a distance of 22.0 km. The second path is by reflection from the ionosphere (a layer of ionized air molecules high in the atmosphere). Assume that this reflection takes...
How to calculate uncertainties for newtons rings experiment.
where is the net force acting on a satellite directed towards
Consulting the graph shown in the figure, find the object's average velocity over the time interval from 0 to 1 second
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas