One arm of a centrifuge is arranged as follows; it is a solid aluminum cylinder 0.10 meters long and has a cross-sectional area of 1.3 X 10^4 m^2. At one end of the arm is the axis and at the other end of the arm is a 0.58-kg specimen holder. By how much does the aluminum arm stretch when the...
An object is attached to the lower end of a 100-coil spring that is hanging from the ceiling. The spring stretches by 0.160-meters. The spring is then cut into two identical springs of 50-coils each. Each spring is attached between the ceiling and the object. By how much does each spring stretch?...
A 30-kg block is resting on a flat horizontal table. On top of this block is resting a 15.0-kg block, to which a horizontal spring is attached. The spring constant of the spring is 325 N/m. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the lower block and the table is 0.600, while the coefficient...
A charge of +1 Coulomb is placed at the 0 cm mark of a meter stick. A charge of -1 Coulomb is placed at the 100 cm mark of the same meter stick. Is it possible to place a proton somewhere on the meter stick so that the net force on it due to the two charges is 0?
An astronaut orbits the earth in a space capsule whose height above the earth is equal to the earth's radius. How does the weight of the astronaut in the capsule compare to her weight on the earth?
I have a question on problem number 5 of the attached file.
A Toyota Prius driving north at 57.0 and a VW Passat driving south at 33.0 are on the same road heading toward each other (but in different lanes). (We take the positive direction to be north.) A)What is the velocity of Toyota Prius relative to the VW Passat when they are 150 apart, just...
What is the magnitude of the gravitational force acting on a 79.5-kg student due to a 58.0-kg student sitting 2.40 m away in the classroom?
How much work must be done to stop a 1000 kg car traveling at 115 km/h? 1 J
A light years is a unit of distance that light, with a speed of 2.99792 x 10^8 m/s travels in one year. what is the surface area of a planet whose radius is 5700km. answer in units of light years
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas