A helicopter is flying in a straight line over a level field at a constant speed of 7.2 m/s and at a constant altitude of 8.7 m. A package is ejected horizontally from the helicopter with an initial velocity of 15.0 m/s relative to the helicopter, and in a direction opposite the helicopter's...
1.Write the following numbers in scientific notation: 100.1 m, 987 s, 1000 5 J, 0.000005 s and 9001 1010 mm
A mercury barometer reads 747.0-mm on the roof of a building and 760.0-mm on the ground. Assuming a constant value of 1.29-kg/m^3 for the density of air, determine the height of the building. Topic: Fluids; Pressure Gauges.
The hydraulic oil in a car lift has a density of 8.00 X 10^2-kg/m^3. The weight of the input piston is negligible. The radii of the input piston and output plunger are 8.00 X 10^3-m and 0.140-m respectively. What input force (F) is needed to support the 22,300-N combined weight of the car and...
A spring has a constant of 578-N/m. When used to suspend an object in air, the spring stretches by 0.0640-m. When used to suspend the same object in water, the spring stretches by 0.0520-m. (a) What buoyant force acts on the object? (b) What is the volume of the part of the object that is...
how much power is needed to run a headlight of a car on 25 amperes from 12-volt battery
You are standing on the sidewalk as a police car recedes from you at a speed of 20 m/s. The car s siren has a fixed frequency of 400 Hz. At the same time a second police car is approaching you. The second car is going at the same speed and has an identical siren. A) What frequencies do you...
A constant force of 40 N is applied tangentially to the rim of wheel 20 cm in radius. the wheel has a moment of inertia of 30 kg-m2 find (a)The angular acceleration (b)The angulas speed after 4 sec from rest (c)The number revolution made in the 4 sec (d)show that the work done on the wheel in the...
In an adjustable nozzle for a garden hose, a cylindrical plug is aligned along the axis of the hose and can be inserted into the hose opening. The purpose of the plug is to change the speed of the water leaving the hose. The speed of the water passing around the plug is to be three times greater...
A fountain sends a stream of water 5.00-meters into the air. Neglecting air resistance and any viscous effects, what must be the speed of the water at the point where the water leaves the pipe feeding the fountain? At that point the pressure is atmospheric pressure. (b) The effective...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas