The angle through which a rotating wheel has turned in time (t) is given by theta=8.5t-15.0t^2+1.6t^4 where theta is in radians and (t) is in seconds. Determine an expression: a) for instantaneous angular velocity (omega) b) for instantaneous angular acceleration (alpha) c) evaluate omega and...
The box of a well-known breakfast cereal states that one ounce of the cereal contains 110 calories (1 food calorie = 4186 Joules). If 2.0% of this energy could be converted by a weight lifters body into work done in lifting a barbell, what is the heaviest barbell that could be lifted a distance...
When it rains, water vapor in the air condenses into liquid water, and energy is released. (a) How much energy is released when 0.0254-m (one inch) of water falls over an area of 2.59 X 10^6 m^2 (one square mile)? (b) If the average energy needed to heat one home for a year is 1.50 X 10^11...
Heat is extracted from a certain quantity of steam at 100-degrees C. As a result, the steam changes into ice at 0.0-degrees C. If this energy were used to accelerate the ice from rest, what would be the linear speed of the ice? For comparison, bullet speeds of 700 m/s are common. Topic Heat; Heat...
In a single-slit diffraction pattern on a flat screen, the central bright fringe is 1.4 cm wide when the slit width is 2.7 x 10-5 m. When the slit is replaced by a second slit, the wavelength of the light and the distance to the screen remaining unchanged, the central bright fringe broadens to a...
What in the material on attribution do you see applying to yourself? Why?
Liquid helium is stored at its boiling-point temperature of 4.2 K in a spherical container (r=0.30 m). The container is a perfect blackbody radiator. The container is surrounded by a spherical shield whose temperature is 79 K. A vacuum exists in the space between the container and the shield. The...
10. An electron gun inside a computer monitor sends an electron toward the screen at a speed of 1.20 108 m/s. If the mass of the electron is 9.109 10 31 kg, what is the magnitude of its relativistic momentum? (a) 9.88 10 23 kg m/s (c) 1.19 10 22 kg m/s (e) 3.25 10...
a car(mass 1100 kg) is traveling at 32 m/s when it collides head- on with a sport utility vehicle(mass = 2500 kg) treviling in the opposite direction. in the collision, the two vehicles come to a halt . at what speed was the sport utility vehicle traveling?
consider a particle of a rigid object rotating about a fixed axis. Show that the tangential and radial vector components are: (all vectors) a(sub)tan = a x r and a(sub)R = (alpha) x v I have no idea how to solve this since I had never dealt with cross products until today.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas