I have a question on problem number 18 of the attached file.
I have a question on problem number 19 of the attached file.
I have a question on problem number 20 of the attached file.
The temperature in an electric oven is 160-degrees C. The temperature at the outer door surface in the kitchen is 50-degrees C. The oven (surface area = 1.6 m^2) is insulated with a material that has a thickness of 0.020-m and a thermal conductivity of 0.045 J/(s X m X degree C). (a) How much...
Three building materials, plasterboard [k = 0.30 J/(s X m X degree C)], brick [k = 0.60 J/(s X m X degree C)], wood [k = 0.10 J/(s X m X degree C)], are sandwiched together. The temperature on the inside (Plasterboard) and outside (Wood) surfaces is 27-degrees C and 0-degrees C, respectively....
Our sun has a radius of 6.96 X 10^8 m. Sirius B is a white dwarf star that emits only 0.04 times the radiant power of the sun, even though it has a surface that is four times that of the sun. (a) What is the radius of Sirius B? (b) The mass of Sirius B is 2 X 10^30 kg, nearly the same as the sun...
In a problem of solving a harmonic oscillator using ladder operators, show that <n|(a+a+)4|n>=6n2+6n+3 where a+ and a are raising and lowering operators, n being a number operator.
A 1040-N uniform beam is attached to a vertical wall at one end and is supported by a cable at the other end. A 1960-N crate hangs from the far end of the beam. Using the data shown in the figure, find (a) the magnitude of the tension in the wire and the magnitudes of the (b) horizontal and (c)...
A 3.00 liter aluminum cylinder at 5 C is filled to the brim with gasoline at the same temperature. If the aluminum and gasoline are warmed to 54.0 C, how much gasoline spills out? [Hint: Be sure to account for the expansion of the container. Also, ignore the possibility of evaporation, and...
Interview a job analyst or a compensation analyst (or appropriate HR staff member) to determine: (1) what type of job evaluation system is used at your place of employment, and (2) who conducts the evaluation.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas