Dear Mr Culver, are you going to make me blow you again to pass your class? LMK Thankyou John
A particle's initial velocity was (3.2, 4.5) m/s, its final velocity is (2.6, 5.8) m/s, and its constant acceleration was ( 2.4, 5.2) m/s2. What was its displacement?
Two motionless ice skaters face each other and put their palms together. One skater pushes the other away using a constant force for 0.80 s. The second skater, who is pushed, has a mass of 110 kg and moves off with a velocity of 1.2 m/s relative to the rink. If the first skater has a mass of...
A proton is moving at 425 m/s. (a) How much work must be done on it to stop it? (A proton has a mass of 1.67 10 27 kg.) (b) Assume the net braking force acting on it has magnitude 8.01 10 16 N and is directed opposite to its initial velocity. Over what distance must the force be applied?...
how the temperature of a bright star would be determined
To measure the acceleration due to gravity on a distant planet, an astronaut hangs a 0.085-kg ball from the end of a wire. The wire has a length of 1.5 m, and a linear density of 3.1 X 10^-4 kg /m. Using electronic equipment, the astronaut measures the time for a transverse pulse to travel the...
A monatomic ideal gas (y = 1.67) is contained within a box whose volume and pressure are 2.5 m^3 and 3.5 X 10^5 Pa, respectively. The total mass of the gas is 2.3-kg. Find the speed of sound in the gas. Topic: Waves and Sound; The Speed of Sound.
A jet is flying horizontally, as the drawing shows. When the plane is directly overhead at B, a person on the ground hears the sound coming from A in the drawing. The average temperature of the air is 20-degrees C. If the speed of the plane at A is 164 m/s, what is its speed at B, assuming that...
how do I calculate the speed of a fan with a strobe
How fast must an electron move (in terms of m/s) to have a kinetic energy equal to the photon energy of light at wavelength 653 nm? The mass of an electron is 9.109 x 10-31 kg.
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas