shaking a towel up and down would create what type of wave in the towel
An 80 000-kg airliner is flying at 900 km/h at a height of 10.0 km. What is its total energy (kinetic + potential) if the total was 0 when the airliner was at rest on the ground?
Jane and John, with masses of 53 and 62 , respectively, stand on a frictionless surface 15 apart. John pulls on a rope that connects him to Jane, giving Jane an acceleration of 0.90 toward him. If the pulling force is applied constantly, where will Jane and John meet?
Unless otherwise stated, all objects are located near the Earth's surface, where = 9.80 . A girl pushes a 21 lawn mower as shown in the figure . If F = 33 and N= 42 what is the acceleration of the mower? Ignore friction.
Four identical masses of mass 700 each are placed at the corners of a square whose side lengths are 11.0 What is the magnitude of the net gravitational force on one of the masses, due to the other three?
A person hums into the top of a well and finds that standing waves are established at frequencies of 42, 70.0, and 98 Hz. The frequency of 42 Hz is not necessarily the fundamental frequency. The speed of sound is 343 m/s. How deep is the well? Topic: The Principles of Linear Superposition and...
The minimum distance required to stop a car moving at 38.0 mi/h is 49.0 ft. What is the minimum stopping distance for the same car moving at 66.0 mi/h, assuming the same rate of acceleration?
A boxer can hit a heavy bag with great force. Why can t he hit a piece of tissue paper in midair with the same amount of force?
Snap Shots Options [Make this Shot larger] [Close] Options Disable Get Free Shots INDEX to Barbara G. Walker s THE WOMAN S ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MYTHS AND SECRETS (New York: HarperCollins Publishers, Inc., 1983) Compiled in 2003 by Cheryl Brooks With over 6,000...
A piece of glass has a temperature of 78.0 C. Liquid that has a temperature of 42.0 C is poured over the glass, completely covering it, and the temperature at equilibrium is 55.0 C. The mass of the glass and the liquid is the same. Ignoring the container that holds the glass and liquid and...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas