A lumberjack (mass = 98 kg) is standing at rest on one end of a floating log (mass = 210 kg) that is also at rest. The lumberjack runs to the other end of the log, attaining a velocity of +2.8 m/s relative to the shore, and then hops onto an identical floating log that is initially at rest....
two charges of +16 and +9 microcoulombs are 80mm apart in air. Where should a third charge be placed, in order that the resultant force on it be zero?
What is the electric potential V on the axis of a charged disk of radius r at point P a distance X away from the center of the disk if it carries a total charge Q distributed uniformly on its surface?
A space vehicle is coasting at a constant velocity of 19.3 m/s in the +y direction relative to a space station. The pilot of the vehicle fires a RCS (reaction control system) thruster, which causes it to accelerate at 0.378 m/s2 in the +x direction. After 49.4 s, the pilot shuts off the RCS...
A 5 000-N weight is suspended in equilibrium by two cables. Cable 1 applies a horizontal force to the right of the object and has a tension, T1. Cable 2 applies a force upward and to the left at an angle of 37.0 to the negative x axis and has a tension, T2. Find T2.
compute the freezing point of 21.6 g NiSO4 in 1.00 10 2 g H2O
A brick is initially 14.46 cm high and an aluminum can is initially 14.47 cm high. By how much must their temperatures be raised in order for the brick and the can to have exactly the same height?
A 0.65 kg book rests on a table. A downward force of 6 N is exerted on the top of the book by a hand pushing down on the book. (a) What is the magnitude of the gravitational force acting on the book? 1 N (b) What is the magnitude of the upward (normal) force exerted by the table on the book? 2 N
A cork shoots out of a champagne bottle at an angle of 42.0 degrees above the horizontal. If the cork travels a horizontal distance of 1.10 m in 1.20 s, what was its initial speed?
A 45.0 g Super Ball traveling at 27.0 m/s bounces off a brick wall and rebounds at 22.0 m/s. A high-speed camera records this event. If the ball is in contact with the wall for 3.50 ms, what is the magnitude of the average acceleration of the ball during this time interval?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas