A car drives horizontally off a 79 -high cliff at a speed of 26 . Ignore air resistance. How long will it take the car to hit the ground?
In uniform circular motion lab-If 10 rotations occur in 19.5 seconds, what is the angular speed w in revolutions per second?
A 1200 N uniform beam is attached to a vertical wall at one end and is supported by a cable at the other end. A W = 1940 N crate hangs from the far end of the beam
A 83 g arrow is fired from a bow whose string exerts an average force of 120N on the arrow over a distance of 81cm . what is the speed of the arrow as it leaves the bow?
A 6.0-kg ball is dropped onto a floor. Just before hitting, its speed is 4.0 m/s. It rebounds with a speed of 1.0 m/s. How large an impulse does the floor exert on the ball? What is the direction of this impulse?
A 2.8-kg rifle lies on a smooth table when it suddenly discharges. It fires a 0.025-kg bullet with a speed of 500 m/s. Find the recoil speed of the gun.
Two identical billiard balls are approaching each other head on. One (A) has a velocity 3.0 m/s, whereas the other (B) has a velocity -2.0 m/s. After collision A's velocity is -1.5 m/s. What is B's velocity? Was this collision perfectly elastic?
what are the environmental laws?
A beam of unpolarized light of intensity passes through a series of ideal polarizing filters with their polarizing directions turned to various angles as shown in the figure . Part A What is the light intensity (in terms of ) at points , , and ? Answer in the order indicated. Separate...
A 7.2 kg bowling ball moving at 2.74 m/s strikes an identical ball that is originally at rest. After the collision the path of the initially moving ball makes an angle of 27 with respect to its original path. The path of the second ball makes an angle of -53 with respect to the same...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas