Transverse waves with a speed of 53.1 m/s are to be produced on a stretched string. A 5.87 m length of string with a total mass of 0.0875 kg is used. What is the required tension in the string?
The cylinder has a mass of 20 kg and is released from rest when h=0. Determine its speed when h=3m. The springs each have an unstretched length of 2m.
A woman with a mass of 49.0 is standing on the rim of a large disk that is rotating at an angular velocity of 0.500 about an axis through its center. The disk has a mass of 113 and a radius of 3.80 .
The gravitational field of the Earth at a satellite of mass = 2000 kg that is orbiting about the Earth at an altitude of 5,000 km is (the mass of the Earth is 5.98 1024 kg, radius of the Earth is 6.38 106 meters, G = 6.67 10-11 N m2/kg2)
Three charges are located along the x axis as shown in the drawing. The mass of the 1.2 C is 4.0 10 9 kg. Determine the magnitude and direction of the acceleration of the 1.2 C charge when it is allowed to move if the other two charges remain fixed
what are possible sources of error in a acceleration along an inclined plane experiment
at the instant the displacement of a 2kg object relative to the origin is d=2m(i)+4m(j)-3m(k) its velocity v=-6m/s(i)+3m/s(j)+3m/s(k) and it is subject to a force F=6N(i)-8N(j)+4N(k). Find the acceleration of the object. the angular momentum of the object about the origin. the torque about the...
I need help figuring out how to solve this problem in the attached word doc.
Preform the indicated operation and express the answer to the correct number of significant figures. 122/2
Pulling up on a rope, you lift a 4.15- bucket of water from a well with an acceleration of 1.90 . what is the tension in the rope?
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas