Hearing damage may occur when a person is exposed to a sound intensity level of 90 dB for a period of 9 hours. one particular eardrum has an area of 2.0 x 10-4 m. How much sound energy is incident on this eardrum diuring this time
Two masses are tied together and one is tied to a center post on a frictionless table. The cords are of equal length, R=0.25m. Both masses rotate on the table making 100 revolutions per minute. m1=m2=1kg. What is the centripetal acceleration of m1 and m2?
A projectile is launched at an angle of 30 degrees with the horizontal and a speed of 30 m/s. a) What is the range? b) What is its height after one second? c) How much time does it spend in the air?
what does f=ma mean
I need to get information about nanofluids
An arrow starting from rest, leaves the bow with a speed of 25.0 m/s. I fthe avaerage force exerted on the arrow by the bow were doubled
If the entire population of the United States forms a human chain by holding hands, how many times can such a chain be wrapped around the earth's equator?
1340-1350 inventions related in physics
1. What is the field outside the capacitor plates?
A spring is mounted at an angle of = 26 on a frictionless incline as illustrated in the figure below. The spring is compressed to 15 cm where it is allowed to propel a mass of 5.5 kg up the incline. a) If the spring constant is 550 N/m, how fast is the mass moving when leaves the spring? (b)...
Ask a new Physics Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you show me step by step how to solve this problem?:
- The Earth’s rate of rotation is constantly decreasing, causing the day to increase in duration. In the year 2000 the Earth takes about 0.548 s longer to complete 365 revolutions than it did in the year 1900.
- (a) What is the average angular acceleration of the Earth?
- (b) If this average acceleration remains constant, in what year will the Earths rotation come to rest?
2. I do not understand this Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory question. Can you help me set it up?
- A spherical balloon is made from a material whose mass is 3.00-kg. The thickness of the material is negligible compared to the 1.5-m radius of the balloon. The balloon is filled with helium (He) at a temperature of 305-degrees K and just floats in the air, neither rising nor falling. The density of the surrounding air is 1.19-kg/m^3. Find the absolute pressure of the helium gas